Staff Software Engineer - Esports
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Esports Game and Broadcast Features Team, you’ll be on a team changing the way fans of our current and future esports watch and interact with the sport. We have only scratched the surface of what esports can be; the work that you do will directly affect the sustainability, story-telling and fan experience of our professional leagues. We are looking for someone who can bring a variety of experience to products that span across game and broadcast technologies.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience including game industry or media engineering experience
- Domain expertise in C++
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows & content pipelines
- Have been responsible for driving the design and development of several medium to large sized features (4 - 8+ week scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Experience optimizing the performance of code
- Experience socializing software engineering best practices within your team, including design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, build processes, and testing
- You’ve led your team in making technical decisions (for example: served as Technical Lead for a story or feature)
- You've advocated for code excellence and non-functional requirements including software performance, scalability, and maintainability
- You have mentored others in both soft and hard skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
- Familiarity with full stack web development
- Familiarity with broadcast visualization technologies like vizrt
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).