Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Contractor
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
The engineering team in Dubai partners with regional and global publishing teams and product managers to enhance our player experience in the MENAI region(Middle East, North Africa and India) and across the globe. We provide the tools and develop solutions that helps achieve maximum player satisfaction and solves our complex regional needs
- Design, deploy and enhance Riot Games microservices and web products
- Develop and enhance outsourcing and contracting models in the MENAI region
- Write unit and integration tests and perform code reviews
- Enhance build and deploy tooling
- Improve product visibility through monitoring
- 6+ years of programming experience with Java (primary language) and familiarity with Node.js and Go
- Working experience with Redis, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Hazelcast and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with DevOps and orchestration tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge and experience in CI and CD concepts and working experience with Jenkins
- Experience with monitoring and dashboarding tools such as New Relic, Grafana or Kibana
- Experience with headless CMS (Contentstack, Strapi or equivalent)
- Experience in developing Arabic web products with full Right to Left support
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proven experience in developing highly scalable applications and in application security
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.