Senior Software Engineer - Consumer Products
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and bring player value.
As a Software Engineer on the Consumer Products Ecommerce team, you will report to the Senior Manager of Ecommerce. You will also build and support Ecommerce channels and integrations. This includes developing user facing features, integrations with third-party systems, and back-end services that power the Ecommerce channel. Your expertise will contribute to large-scale consumer products efforts that bring value and delight to our players.
- Individual contributor software engineer, writing code, authoring architectural design documents, contributing to team product, and implementing solutions to technical problems,
- Implement new features to delight players and increase for value.
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing tech stack and infrastructure the consumer products channel is built on.
- Integrations and customization with central systems (i.e CMS and CRM)
- Integrations and customizations with third-party systems (i.e 3PL)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Domain experience in at least one back-end/service technology such as Python, Node.js, Java, and Go.
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments).
- Shipped and supported live products with large traffic spikes.
- Experience with building and customizing Ecommerce channels and systems.
- Deep experience with React.js and TypeScript.
- Deep experience with Python Django web services.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.