Organized Play Manager, Europe
The Publishing Services team in Europe manages many direct-to-player publishing functions such as social media, communications and PR, influencers relationships, events, content and channel management.
The team is dedicated to providing platforms for authentic local interactions and channel experiences for our players, both online and offline. The team will also ensure that our content reaches our players through the right medium.
Working in close relationship with our brand team, our Europe esports headquarters (based in Berlin) and local teams in charge of organized play, you will establish and deploy our competitive vision for pan European amateurs tournaments on all our games (League of Legends, Valorant, Teamfight Tactics): PC Cafe tournaments, high school and university leagues, non-for-profit tournaments, one-off grassroot tournaments, company leagues, etc. You will also make sure outputs are monitored efficiently.
This role is based in Reading, Berkshire.
- Establish European amateur competitive strategy for all competitive games in cooperation with the brand team, the Europe Esports Headquarters and the local teams in charge of organized play to build a seamless experience for players;
- Align with local teams to ensure European competitions resonate with local player needs and that there is a solid integration between European competitions and local amateur scene;
- Manage the relationship with production and broadcast vendors and third-party organisers responsible for operating amateur competitions in Europe (league and player management, tournament backend and sign-up processes); implement contractual mechanisms to ensure commitment and growth on their end;
- Ensure publishing support for each of those chosen competitions to foster solid awareness and interest in trial and keep our players engaged and informed ;
- Determine clear measurement KPIs for all our amateur tournaments in Europe and lead reporting processes across Europe, ensuring all outputs are monitored and communicated effectively;
- Establish best practices to use our owned platforms to enhance players’ experience during tournaments;
- Identify revenue opportunities and work with European Business Development to build relationships with sponsors and make our European amateur ecosystem financially sustainable;
- 5+ years of experience in competitive product management; experience in online / offline event production would be a plus;
- Strategic skills, with experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of competitive products;
- Understanding of how an amateur competitive vision can contribute directly to the growth and sustainability of our games and their communities.
- Experience working across multiple teams in different disciplines
- Ability to negotiate and accomplish deals with production companies, broadcasters and media groups;
- Fluency in at least one other Europe relevant language would be a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Gym allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!