Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Legends of Runeterra
Legends of Runeterra’s Gameplay team strives to create experiences that redefine our players’ expectations. You will work with designers, artists, playtesters, and others to build gameplay systems that reward strategy, quick thinking, and creativity. You’ll develop memorable events and moments in collaboration with other teams across LoR, and across Riot. And of course, you’ll help to provide hundreds of exciting new cards to players every year.
As a Software Engineer II, you’ll report to the Gameplay Engineering Manager and join a diverse subteam to develop new features and content in Unity, across PC and mobile clients. You will have essential input on the systems and features to shape the future of LoR’s gameplay.
- Work with diverse interdisciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Playtesters, QA, Data, Producers, and more) to shape the core of the LoR experience
- Improve the full stack: implement features in Unity, write client and server code in C#, script cards in Python, author tools and more
- Write automated integration tests and unit tests to ensure code and content of a high-quality
- Deliver your work to players many times a month, with major releases every two weeks
- Code review the work of other Software Engineers on the team, help build their skills, and build yours along with them
- 3+ years professional experience in Game Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- OO design experience in C#
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes
- Experience with Unity and Unity game development practices
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting languages)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).