Gameplay Capture III - Video Services
Gameplay Capture Artists combine their exceptional experience in a game or genre with their knowledge of film-making craft to tell compelling and inspired stories inside a game engine. Where others see only the game, they see opportunities to move the audience.
As a Gameplay Capture III on the Video Services team, you will report to the Lead of IP Creative Services. You will be the choreographer, cinematographer, and a lead performer in gameplay video that resonates with the VALORANT community. You will work with developers, creative leads, brand managers, producers, editors, and other gameplay capture artists, working to creative briefs while holding the line for the authenticity your audience expects. Your years of craft experience, collaborative spirit, and in-game skills allow you to calmly direct complex scenarios that demonstrate VALORANT’s sky-high skill ceiling. Gameplay will be your canvas by which you can quicken the pulse, bring a crowd to its feet, or leave jaws on the floor.
- Choreograph and capture industry-leading gameplay video content, stepping behind the virtual camera with both first-person gameplay performances and inspired third person cinematography.
- Direct other capture artists through challenging setups to achieve both clarity and gameplay excellence.
- Compose outlines, shot lists, and staging diagrams that guide the performance from script to screen.
- Use Unreal Engine 4 to create video experiences that push beyond the limits of the game build.
- Work toward continuous improvement in the craft of capture cinematography and in the technologies that power it.
- Lead and mentor your colleagues in the gameplay video craft.
- Provide gameplay expertise across all marketing efforts to help us make all our content authentic to the game and resonant with players.
- Direct and choreograph complex scenarios that demonstrate VALORANT’s sky-high skill ceiling
- 4+ years experience as a capture or video professional, content creator, or other equivalent experience
- Experience with game capture software and hardware such as Fraps, OBS, Shogun Inferno, and ElGato
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unreal Sequencer
- Proficiency in file/media management and organization
- Knowledge of cinematography techniques and film grammar
- Experienced choreographing and accomplishing complex FPS scenarios.
- Dedicated time analyzing works of storytelling, cinematography, and game content.
- Experience working at a game or creative studio
- Experience in 3D animation, previsualization, layout, or storyboarding
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Please include one or two videos that you feel best showcase your storytelling and capture skills.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.