Development Manager III - Riot GO, Riot Prioritization
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Development Manager III on the Riot Game Operations (RGO) team reports to the RGO Senior Director of Operations and will be directly responsible for the execution and roadmap for the quarterly prioritization process, tooling, and rituals. This individual contributor will work with RGO leadership, game and platform teams to ensure alignment across Riot on the relative business value of projects and the delivery of a Roadmap Forecast on a quarterly cadence.
- Directly Accountable for the successful execution of the quarterly prioritization process including documentation, reporting, training, and communication.
- Accountable for the maintenance and improvement of the prioritization process.
- Work with stakeholders to drive the vision, strategic planning, roadmaps, and reporting for the prioritization process.
- Accountable for the execution of improvements to the prioritization process.
- Directly accountable for the gathering and validation of Business Epics across Riot.
- Definition and communication of standards in partnership with RGO leads and WS producers
- Review, validation and resolution of submitted work to agreed standards.
- Directly accountable for the Prioritization of Business Epics across Riot.
- Pre alignment of Riot priorities to stakeholders.
- Accountable for the maintenance and improvement of tool and ritual requirements to generate priority
- Primary facilitation of large executive meetings to ensure alignment
- Training and onboarding of new teams into the process
- Work with Senior Development Manager of Platform Operations to support quarterly software development planning needs
- Directly accountable for the generation of the 18 month Forecast Roadmap.
- Identify misses, facilitate the alignment of of RGO, GS and Game leadership on any necessary mitigations
- Accountable for the execution of improvements to tool and ritual for smooth and timely execution.
- Generation and distribution of the roadmap.
- At least 10 years of development on technical projects / Project Management experience, with 5+ years using iterative methodologies like Scrum and Kanban with supporting software like Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical acumen and problem solving skills
- Experience managing software products through the entire product life cycle - from conception, launch, transition to maintaining and operating a live service;
- Strong ability to develop trusted relationships with senior management and leadership;
- Great leadership skills and ability to shift styles based on the needs of the org;
- Proven ability to achieve results through strategy, relationship management and negotiation across diverse organizations;
- Strong user empathy with passion, tenacity, and bias toward action to ensure a quality user experience
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels;
- Mature understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies;
- Technical curiosity with a demonstrated record of continued learning in technology, tools, and methodologies
- At least 6 years experience in people management of mid-senior people;
- Strong communication skills, ability to deliver clear comms in 1-to-many settings;
- Experience in facilitating meetings with senior management;
- Experience in a variety of management tools including google sheets, ALM Works Structure, Jira, project management software;
- Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments;
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).