Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be mainly involved in revenue accounting operations of Riot Games Korea. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help ensure Riot focus on our players throughout the globe.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Prepare and enter journal entries of account receivable, revenue, and cost of goods sold within our established month-end reporting schedule.
- Review documents, including contracts, to identify accounting issues and propose solutions or alternatives.
- Address accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment.
- Investigate fluctuations, monitor trends and identify unusual transactions in the accounts.
- Prepare annual financial documents and footnotes following GAAP, including drafting new disclosures to align with new accounting standards or new transactions.
- Experienced : you have at least a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 4 - 6 years experience in public or corporate accounting.
- Skilled : you are well-versed in GAAP and have hands-on experience managing accounting operations, the monthly accounting close, and preparation of financial reports.
- Willingness to sacrifice : you devote yourself to the team and harmonize with others for collective success.
- Open-minded : you enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle)
- Technology or entertainment industry experience