Development Manager III - Infrastructure Platform
As a Development Manager III on the Infrastructure Platform team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our data center and in the cloud, to the services that run the operate the servers globally, to the platform that game developers use to build and deploy the game at all phases of development while protecting our IP and players experience. This team powers the services and infrastructure behind League of Legends and paving the way for future games. We operate at a scale that challenges us to improve and shorten the time to provide new features and value to the players. You will report to the Delivery Lead for Infrastructure Platform.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
- Regularly assess the team's, health, and composition, enthusiastically striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Manage and plan development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
- Drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to partners
- 7+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners
- Managed hardware/software products through entire life cycle – from creation, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
- Led teams to provide products to worldwide markets
- Charter large projects with multiple teams
- Overseeing overall team health; it’s tracked and improving
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- History with leading remote and distributed teams
- Experience working in a matrixed technical organization.
- Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Designed work systems on Team of Team level and pod level
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.