3D Weapon Artist - VALORANT
As a 3D Weapon Artist at Riot, you will bring weapons and skins to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a 3D Weapon Artist on the VALORANT team, you will create new 3D assets for Riot’s brand new title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D content. You will work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life. You will also report to the Concept Art Lead.
- Create and ensure all 3D weapon assets meet constraints and requirements of the game’s needs
- Work with the team and the Art Lead to ensure 3D model outputs meet stylistic and craft quality bars
- Provide art outsource feedback and spec definition up to 25-30% of allocated time, through syncs with Outsource Managers, written feedback, demos, and remote calls
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
- 3+ years of professional experience modeling and texturing weapons for first-person shooters
- Professional experience working with Maya and Substance Painter
- Strong understanding and ability to create stylized textures
- Experience working with mechanical functions for hard surface models
- Experience working with next gen asset creation pipelines and tools
- Ability to artistically interpret concepts or creatively push beyond an initial ideation
- Experience working and collaborating with with developers in various disciplines
- Experience working with Unreal 4 engine
- Experience working in one or more related disciplines - animation, technical art, visual effects, concept design
- Experiencing shipping a AAA title as a 3D artist, specializing in weapons
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).