Legal Counsel, China
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for Riot” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Counsel in China you will report to the Head of Legal, China and SEA, and you will work with Rioters and teams in China.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, sponsorship, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements
- You will work with the IP team in Los Angeles and the Chinese publisher to tackle any trademark, copyright and patent infringement in China
- You will manage employment related legal issues
- You will implement and enforce compliance policies and practices.
- You will manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for all Riot entities in China
- You will research and advisee on different legal topics across multiple departments and offices
- You will coordinate with the legal team in Riot’s headquarters on implementing global policies and practices at a local level.
- You have a law degree from a top-tier law school and are admitted to the PRC bar; overseas legal education or work experience is an advantage
- You have at least five years of PQE from top-tier law firms and are comfortable working on multiple commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, (e)sports legal questions, tech licensing agreements, etc
- You have the adaptive capacity to practice law in the fast changing world of games and esports
- You are fully bilingual; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English and Chinese
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit and good self-discipline; being a dedicated fan of games is desired but not required for this position.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).