Staff Systems Engineer - Core Infrastructure Team
Job Id: REQ-0000729
As a Staff Systems Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the planning, design, integration, and operational efficiency of Riots server and cloud infrastructure as well as its associated services. You will manage metal and cloud capacity, availability and sustainability, putting player and Rioter experiences at the forefront. You will be tasked with developing existing automation as well as driving new innovations in that space.
As a Staff Systems Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of our Data Center server infrastructure and you will also be responsible for managing our cloud infrastructure that supports our game teams, and its associated services. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate new infrastructure as well as iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume our cloud resources. You will mentor junior and senior systems, cloud and network engineers to accelerate both their growth and yours.
- Independently solve complex problems and troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, systems, and designs in a vendor agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our infrastructure and operations monitoring platforms
- Grow and support our Cloud presence
- Level up your peers
- Minimum of 5 years experience within infrastructure delivery and/or operational support
- Good understanding of the CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- Understanding formatting such as JSON and YAML
- Minimum of 2 year experience with AWS
- Can drive delivery of goals at the team level, cross team and cross initiative
- Can lead a team of engineers
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Experience with Terraform
- Network engineering knowledge would be a big plus
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).