Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, CIT
Job Id: REQ-0003461
As a part of the Riot Core Infrastructure Team, you'll be part of the core group of engineers that build our infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all infrastructure and game teams to automate all aspects of our infrastructures to enable teams to be more efficient and productive by building software and tools. If you are looking to have an impact across different aspects of Riot infrastructure, join us and pioneer solutions that will help us scale to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the CIT (Core Infrastructure) Team, you'll be part of a team that is focused on enabling Riot engineers to reduce toil and inefficiency via tooling and automation. The tools that you could be building can range from a Slack bot to games deployment. You will support the team as it collaborates with other teams across not just infrastructure but also across Riot to solve critical problem areas where tooling and automation are keys to the solution.
- Develop tools and features based on requirements and designs per agreements with our stakeholders using our standard frameworks and best practices
- Translate product or feature requirements into technical solutions by proposing the architecture and design
- Continually looking for efficiency and improvement opportunities within our infrastructure and propose solutions
- Produce quality design and coding standards
- Help grow the team through interviews participation and onboarding process for new team members .
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer with focus on infrastructure or tooling
- Expertise with full software development life cycle
- Expertise in one or more object oriented languages (i.e. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Experience working with containers and orchestration engines such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience with Cloud development
- Understand core infrastructure services, distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience operating and supporting agile development, production services, and high availability
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).