Director, Software Engineering - League, Gameplay Initiative
Job Id: REQ-0003519
As the Director of Software Engineering for the League of Legends Gameplay Initiative, you will lead an engineering organization that focuses on the Champions, gameplay systems, and game focused features in League of Legends. The teams you will support build technology for Champions, Summoners Rift, world class matching making, and much more.
You will shape the technical vision and drive the execution of the team's roadmap in partnership with other engineering leaders while working with cross functional roles in product management and design. You will strengthen the engineering culture in the organization and support the managers and engineers, working with them on growing their skills and helping them reach their career goals.
You will report to the League of Legends Product Engineering Lead.
- Hiring exceptional talent
- Develop an organizational structure, in partnership with product and technical leadership, to accomplish the priorities of the teams and, the broader, League PC studio
- Cultivate a learning organization, biased towards delighting players
- Engage product leadership ensuring the roadmap evolves and shapes our technical systems, without compromising sustainability and stability while delivering exciting and engaging player experiences and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the technical leadership on teams to establish a multi-year technical vision
- Communicate progress on active projects to the organization, cross-discipline leadership team, partner teams, and stakeholders, highlighting risks, mitigations, and asks.
- Ensure your teams are reviewing and maintaining the necessary security audits and compliance for the systems they own.
- Work with engineering leads across League PC studio and Riot to align and champion excellent technical practices using best in class technology standards
- Work cross-functionally on and with distributed teams
- 10+ years of overall engineering experience, 4+ years of experience in people management, 2+ yrs managing managers
- Demonstrated experience leading software engineering teams including mentoring and growing individuals into senior engineering and management roles.
- Experience leading and delivering complex technical projects.
- Experience building and operating multi-stack production applications with expertise in one of services, game tool, or gameplay tech stacks.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Experience in multiple tech domains including services, front-end, game, and tools.
- Experience running games-as-a-service
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).