Senior Systems Engineer - Wild Rif, Joint Ops
Job Id: REQ-0003571
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Systems Engineers at Riot, we work on game operations - deploying, managing, and proactively improving high-performing and highly available services for players. We monitor and administer as necessary all game environments, most importantly the production game environment. We work closely with the Live Operations and NOC teams to understand the state of our games and take swift action to correct any and all problems, faults, and outages.
As a Senior Systems Engineer on Wild Rift you will lead efforts to improve service performance. You will also use your deep technical knowledge and passion to achieve that excellence. Our players are depending on you to provide an uninterrupted game experience. Additionally, you will work with other technical and nontechnical teams, both inside and outside of Riot, to make Wild Rift and its supporting teams operate at peak performance. You will report into the Head of Technical Operations for Wild Rift.
- Ensure that Wild Rift is up and operating as expected through system monitoring and forming close relationships with other teams
- Mentor and train team members
- Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players
- Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
- Work independently on essential extended-scoped projects
- Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
- Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
- Create tools to optimize operational tasks
- 5+ years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale
- Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms or Linux engineering experience
- Experience with building and troubleshooting networks
- Experience with database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and application security including identifying security problems and addressing potential threats
- Ability to write software especially tools to aid in supporting systems
- Experience in Python or Golang
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
- Mandarin Language Skills a major plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).