Staff Software Engineer - Central Tech, Developer Connections
Job Id: REQ-0004271
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to reliably ship games. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, Publishing, Central Tech, and many other teams allowing us to keep our finger on the pulse of development at Riot. Our mission is to unblock teams so they can hit essential milestones for launching current and future games.
We're seeking a Staff Software Engineer to lead the development and support of Riot's internal certificate management system and assist in the development of our other in-house solutions that enable teams to continuously deliver games to players across PC, mobile, and console. In this role, you will be deeply challenged to learn a large breadth of architecture at Riot. You will be expected to build alignment across multiple different technology stakeholders and mentor fellow engineers. You'll be partnering and coordinating with technical leads across Riot while aligning your priorities with some of Riot's most important strategic objectives. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain the development and support of Riot's Centralized Certificate Management Service
- Provide SME knowledge to Riot engineering teams to help them improve their efficiency
- Provide emergent, critical support and maintenance to existing platforms
- Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- 7+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience building high-quality software in either Go or Python
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Demonstrated experience working in container-based ecosystems (ECS/EKS/K8S)
- Proficiency with AWS EC2/VPC/EKS/S3/RDS infrastructure services
- Proficiency with Ansible, Terraform, and Spinnaker
- Experience with Lemur Certificate Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).