Senior Manager, Art Direction - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0004337
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
As an Associate Art Director for the Singapore League of Legends Team, you will lead a team of Craft Leads towards the goal of making high quality personalization content for League of Legends. The Singapore League of Legends art team comprises approximately 100 artists to date, producing League content such as Skins.
Working closely with the lead development team in LAX you will supervise the production of art content from design to delivery, ensuring that the creative process proceeds smoothly and efficiently, by setting clear goals and providing all necessary support to your team of leads, and ensuring that all content meets the creative, product, quality and technical requirements of the lead team, and the high standards expected by our players.
The focus of the role will be this team of leads. You will be responsible for creating an environment of professionalism and creativity. You will ensure that the team is appropriately sized, recruiting where necessary. You will ensure that team health is high, and that all team members feel valued and engaged with the work they do. And you will continue to level up and advance the team, with mentoring, development and training - building up their professional skills and continually improving working processes.
- You will collaborate with Rioters in Singapore and worldwide, to make sure product goals are fulfilled and that your team’s progress, dependencies and requirements are properly understood
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a healthy art team, considering pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of Craft & Art Leads
- You will manage career growth, compensation, and motivation of all direct reports
- You will be ultimately responsible for the quality of the creative output of your team, setting clear and high standards in accordance with the product and game’s requirements - and building an effective environment and set of processes which deliver consistent art quality
- You will work with the lead team in LAX to understand all their requirements and ensure that they are effectively communicated, understood and followed by your team
- You will drive and direct the creative process on content driven by Singapore-led artists to ensure that the best ideas emerge from artists engaged and excited about their daily work
- Experience in video games industry in an art role, with leadership experience
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, design principles and color theory
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching
- Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
- Experience giving solid creative direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way, in English or in Chinese. Basic English proficiency
- Familiarly with League of Legends - the game, it’s products, it’s players and community
- Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX)
- Experience in an art management or art direction role
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.