Technical Producer II - League of Legends, Client
Job Id: REQ-0004543
Technical Producers at Riot lead passionate development teams to create products and experiences that want to achieve maximum developer and player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Technical Producer II on the League Client Developer Efficiency Team, you'll join a multi-discipline team focused on improving the quality, performance, and reliability of the League Client for both players and developers on partner game teams. You will lead a team that works closely with those groups to build and deliver work designed to increase the speed and quality of developers delivering player experiences through the League client (primarily League of Legends and TFT). You will guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience (game team artists, engineers, and designers) needs from the products we develop. You will report to the Sr Manager of Product Management of the League Engine initiative in League Studio.
- Establish and refine the team's vision in addition to driving the organization and delivery of the team's feature work
- Collaborate with game/feature teams working in the League Client tech space to develop and deliver workflow improvements and pave the way for more efficient development
- Prioritize work for the team on an ongoing basis and make important on-the-ground calls to keep the team moving
- Run day to day team production operation and development processes for the team
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting.
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success.
- Partner with the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead to develop the technical product vision and development strategy for the team.
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Development Manager on medium to large teams working on complex technical problems.
- Experience working as a delivery lead in combination with product management
- Experience setting product direction and driving execution of projects.
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes and practices.
- Experience working with teams building software for internal users (artists, engineers, designers)
- Experience working on live games or services operating at global scale
- Experience managing platform-oriented software products
- Background in web application development
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configurations, and limitations
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).