Manager, Live Ops Production - Infrastructure Platform, Live Production
Job Id: REQ-0004561
Live Operations lives by a follow-the-sun model, with Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in critical areas, such as the Incident, Problem and Change management, Operational excellence, consulting on Release management, scalability, fail-over and regional service coverage. Live Operations Rioters are available for any problem, at any time because running a game as a service means we’ve made an implicit promise that you can play whenever you want to. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We know exactly how much it sucks when a plan to play with friends is ruined by an outage, so we’re overzealous about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible.
As a Manager, Live Production on Riot's Live Operations Team, you will directly help ensure Riot's games and services are consistently delivered across the globe. This role places you in charge of the Live Production team.
Live Production at Riot is a consultative team that focuses on improving the operational maturity of products. You will partner with leadership across Riot in order to provide a consistent, healthy live service. You are dedicated to finding creative new ways to handle incidents, problems and changes to both protect players from outages but also allow engineers to do what they do best and provide players with awesome new content and features.
- You will work closely with the Senior Manager, Live Operations Product Management to identify and prioritize gaps in our service management suite so that you can recommend initiatives to collectively improve technical operations at Riot
- You will consistently drive Riot to automate and standardize through engineering and tooling efforts
- You will manage a group of passionate Live Producers, ensuring they receive the right training and opportunities to help them succeed in their role.
- You will be responsible for the Live Production program and allocate resources to projects and releases, remove blockers and highlight risks to senior leadership.
- You will build and establish essential business relationships with partners and customers
- You will engage with product team leadership to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset and better utilize Live Operations services
- You will participate in on-call escalations and guide NOC and engineers who are on-call to restore services to players
- Experience managing or product owning engineering and game teams
- Experience managing production or project management ICs.
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/DevOps practices and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills especially within technical space.
- Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
- 7+ years experience running and delivering both established and new services in a live environment
- 3+ years managing a PMO, Service Delivery or Operations department
- 2+ years managing or product owning operational tools teams
- Backend Platform and game team interaction experience
- Experience with metrics and reporting tools
- Resourcefulness in project management and prioritization frameworks for both people and systems
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.