Job Id: REQ-0004731
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and soon Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the esports department is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop awesome experiences and products optimized for our players. You will collaborate with engineers in the Seoul office and also in other global offices. By constantly being aware of the latest industry technology and development trends, you will provide experience solutions that drive the evolution of our services.
As a Rioter in our Seoul office, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming.
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team that contributes to the release and operations of multiple games.
- Build a massive global platform for deploying and operating backend services with low latency and high availability.
- Contribute to the game client and platform by collaborating with your team as well as Rioters across the globe to provide memorable experiences to our players.
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team.
- Design and implement services that allow players to expand their gaming experience.
- Technical expert : You have 3+ years of backend experience as a software engineer. You have a solid understanding of OOP languages (Java preferred). Moreover, you are knowledgeable in the following areas :
- Microservice architecture and RESTful API.
- Widely-used frameworks and systems such as Spring Boot, Kafka, Redis, etc. and can adopt them in your development.
- Production environment configuration with AWS cloud and IDC solutions with CI and CD.
- Essential concepts of caching, event-messaging, code deployment, relational databases, NoSQL, etc.
- Global communicator : You drive clarity in communication by being concise and articulate. You are an active listener, building strong relationships with stakeholders, and bringing visibility to technical decisions made on your team to relevant people. You are fluent in Korean and have confidence in English communicating via text and conference calls. You can drive effective collaboration between different languages and cultures.
- Growth-oriented: Like a player mastering their gaming skills, you are eager to seek growth. You are not afraid to face challenges, and you look for creative approaches to resolve uncertainties. You are open to feedback and embrace failures to better equip yourself for the next challenge. You demonstrate continuous growth in your craft as you face more difficulties.
- Adaptable : You quickly adapt to new challenges, even if it’s outside of your expertise. You are familiar with wearing multiple hats and have a track record of learning new skills across a wide range of domains + disciplines to accomplish your challenges.