Job Id: REQ-0004054
Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and help deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. Our Berlin team is responsible for a variety of projects like new esports product scoping and launches, esports leagues, events and roadshows. Whatever the calling, we provide solutions that our audience needs.
You will operate as an Esports Producer (or Esports Live Producer II as it's known internally) in Riot's esports Live team. Your focus will be primarily on League of Legends: Wild Rift but you will also oversee the production of several different esports projects from conception to completion. You will be the driving force of the product ensuring the execution and troubleshooting, guaranteeing all the processes are of the highest production standard and all collaborating teams' operations are successful. You will be in the forefront of projects like roadshows and events, esports product launches and be responsible for supporting ongoing projects and leagues. You will manage your products' path to success by your leadership and your communication between all partners. You will be collaborating with Production Management on the economics of the product and help identify and prioritise the way forward with the Product Leadership. You will report to the Manager of the Live Production team.
The Esports Producer has a mix of leadership and product management competencies, as every esports product requires cross team collaboration and partnering with different disciplines across the organisation. You will handle project management and rally your team around the best possible outcome. You are committed to finding creative new ways to improve operational quality, allowing broadcast and tech teams to do what they do best and provide great esports experiences. You create complex project plans, among many disciplines, and work into improving existing ones. You can manage change and can onboard and manage multiple vendors.
- Design, pitch, and drive esports projects from start to finish
- Ensure our esports products are achieving strategic portfolio and business goals
- Create project plans from concept to delivery
- Identify opportunities in the current esports products and guide projects to collectively improve them
- Provide updates and visibility on the project status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- Promote cross team collaboration by ensuring all members and partners are set-up for success
- Manage and brief partners and vendors towards the product vision
- 5+ years of product management and delivery experience in large scale projects
- 2+ years of experience in the esports or gaming industry
- Experience overseeing the full lifecycle of product management
- Strategic vision experience including defining a strategy and product road map
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience managing vendors
- 2+ years event production experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!