Software Engineer (Services) - League, Events - Metagames
Job Id: REQ-0004897
The Metagames team strives to make memorable experiences that players deeply immerse themselves into - within the game and the League universe. Vivid art, novel story-telling, and challenging quests are some ways that make these experiences unforgettable and engaging.
As a Software Engineer on Metagames, you will design, implement, and support backend systems that drive the creation of these experiences & features. Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a services subject matter expert, you will develop and maintain backend systems that are performant, reliable, fault-tolerant, and scale to millions of League players around the world. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of artists, designers, engineers, producers, and QA. You will report to the Engineering manager on the Metagames team.
- Collaborate with team leads and stakeholders to identify functional & non-functional requirements for features.
- Generate and align on technical designs & architecture to support the product strategy.
- Develop & operate highly performant and resilient services.
- Triage & remedy live issues, identifying sustainable fixes.
- Review and improve team processes for delivering high-quality experiences to players.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, with expertise in distributed backend systems and programming experience in Java.
- Experience operating live services, profiling and solving performance problems.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Experience integrating multiple sub-systems and tiers including front-end and middle tiers.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes