Senior Manager, UX Design - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0005182
As UX Designers at Riot, we are responsible for design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve our goals.
As a Senior UX Design Manager on the Teamfight Tactics team, you’ll run the UX group for the whole project. You'll see to their career progress, bring out their best work, and ensure they're delivering on their teams' goals. In turn, you'll report to the Design Director, helping set the long-term vision for the game’s interactive experience and flow, and determining UX goals and priorities from the product strategy. On the Teamfight Tactics team, design managers often take on individual contributions, so you’ll have plenty of chances to exercise your own craft as well.
- Manage the project’s UX designers: help them grow, learn, and perform to their potential. Our UX team varies in experience, from folks relatively new to UX or the industry to highly experienced senior ICs.
- Help build the vision for TFT: With the Game Director and product leadership, identify the best directions to take TFT’s user experience, then formulate and execute on UX design goals in those directions
- Maintain a high craft bar: Ensure that the work you oversee meets Riot's demanding craft standards
- Advocate for players: Stay in tune with the player experience and know how to understand and incorporate their feedback into roadmaps and feature decisions
- Collaborate and build trust: Work closely with other discipline leads and managers to ensure UX is delivering what they need, when they need it; ensure that features can be scoped efficiently so project plans can be built; and foster relationships with teams outside of Teamfight Tactics
- Build strong teams: Take an active role in recruiting and onboarding to ensure capable UXers join our teams and ramp up quickly
- 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, at least some of which has been on mobile platform(s)
- 2+ years of experience as a manager, team lead, or discipline leader
- Craft: Craft interviews for this role will use Riot's Senior UX Designer craft standards, and you'll need examples of shipped work at this level
- Management: You'll need leadership experience resolving conflict within and across teams and fostering healthy team culture, along with examples of managing other designers with positive results: promotion, performance improvement, and strong delivery to players
- 4+ years of experience as a manager or team lead
- 8+ years of experience as a UX designer, especially in strategy games, competitive PvP games, and mobile games
- Experience growing both junior and senior UX designers - striking the right balance of assistance and autonomy
- Principal-level design craft ability & examples on large-scope UX problems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.