Senior Software Engineer - Global Player Support
Job Id: REQ-0005234
As a Senior Software Engineer in Global Player Support (GPS), you will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot's ability to protect the total player experience. The GPS Platform Tools team creates and maintains internal tools that allow Rioter’s to interact with our player accounts at scale. If you enjoy creating tools that are intuitive and efficient, this role is for you.
- Work on a cross-functional team to create and maintain internal tools for Rioters.
- Work with teams across Riot to understand their needs and create tools and features that unlock new capabilities for them.
- Help the team balance trade-offs between extensibility, robustness, quality, scope, and development efficiency.
You will report to a Software Engineering Manager.
- Develop and extend internal tools that integrate with hundreds of services and teams across the company.
- Be an owner for the user experience of our tools in partnership with Product and Design
- Contribute to shared services and frameworks shared between partner teams.
- Own and improve the quality and maintainability of your team's technology stack.
- Improve and migrate existing tooling to improve the user experience and reduce technical debt.
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews and technical design reviews.
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team that contributes to the support and operations of multiple games.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in frontend development with ReactJS
- Experience with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience with modern frontend programming such as TypeScript
- Expertise with Java, Python, and GraphQL.
- Experience using AWS and Docker.
- Experience working with large datasets and batch processing
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).