Researcher II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005269
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is important to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher II on our unannounced title, you will use a variety of research methods to understand our audience and their needs. You will work with your colleagues in the broader Insights and Product organizations to communicate your findings to the rest of the game team and connect your insights to the initiatives being developed and built across the team. You will report to the Research Manager on the title.
- Partner with designers, producers, and product managers as part of a product team to produce insights and frameworks that will inform the goals and designs of systems, features, and experiences across the game
- Advocate for players and provide strategic guidance about their desires, motivations, and behaviors
- Collaborate with initiative teams to test their assumptions and inform their roadmap prioritization and execution
- Construct and implement studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for sincere, relevant feedback
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations
- Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
- Bachelor's degree in a research-related discipline plus 5 years of relevant research experience (an advanced degree can account for 1 or more years of experience depending on degree)
- Broad experience in different research methods including running playtests and usability tests, conducting user interviews, and performing survey research with deep expertise in at least one of these areas
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting/labs. Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Experience summarizing & socializing research results and distilling results into impactful recommendations for product leadership
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Experience working with game teams
- Vendor management experience
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.