Network Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0005176
Riot Direct builds the infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels of network performance and quality for our players. If you are looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most player-focused game company in the world.
As a Network Engineer on the Riot Direct Network Reliability Engineering Team, you will work with a team that operates and optimizes network solutions to ensure the secure, scalable operations of Riot's global networks, providing support as they work with other infrastructure and game teams to solve essential problem areas in the network, security, and application delivery spaces. An engineer with technical depth and a problem-solving mindset will excel in this role, as you will not only create solutions for daily tasks, but work as a team to identify broader engineering opportunities for Riot.
- Troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, and designs in a vendor agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Level up your peers
- Participate in an on-call rotation for high-priority incidents
- 3+ years experience within network delivery and operational support
- In-depth experience with BGP
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Understanding of MPLS, IS-IS
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus); AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience with Python
- Experience with security appliances
- Experience operating a Service Provider Network
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).