Manager, Software Engineering - TFT, Tools and Pipeline
Job Id: REQ-0005333
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational alignment by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for a team of engineers, overseeing their performance and trying to find stretch opportunities for their growth.
As a Manager, Software Engineering of the Tools & Pipeline team within Teamfight Tactics, you will work with a diverse leadership team to lead a passionate team of engineers in the development of internal and shared tools that empower all developers and collaborators to make the best game experiences for our players. In addition, you will be driving efforts toward improved workflows and efficient content creation. Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game; supporting PC, Android, and iOS; so cross-platform experience would be beneficial. You will report to the Product Engineering Lead.
- Create an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
- Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities.
- Operate with an emphasis on efficiency, productivity, and prioritizing of the highest-value work on the team.
- Identify, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale.
- Mentor engineers identifying stretch opportunities for them to grow.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Seek different perspectives to solve problems, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following technology stacks: Game/C++, Frontend/JS, Services/Java.
- Mobile and/or multi-platform development experience.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of developers, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).