Public Relations Manager III
Job Id: REQ-0005367
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The communications team shapes Riot’s global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, public affairs, executive visibility, recruiting social media, riotgames.com editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across Riot to showcase what makes Riot special and why we strive to deliver for players every day. We love games and telling the stories that come from making them, but we also help explain Riot to people who don’t love games quite as much as we do.
As Public Relations III reporting to our Communications Manager, you will develop communications representing Riot and its leadership across earned media. You'll master Riot's brand and executive voices and author communications that authentically reflect them. You'll collaborate with press to share narratives in an authentic, player-focused way.
- You’ll be responsible for defining Riot’s PR strategy and execution for Games, Esports and Entertainment, making sure we’re achieving our goals and delivering incredible player experiences across earned channels
- Secure positive coverage locally that builds Riot’s reputation as a player-focused developer, an innovative publisher, and a top choice for candidates
- Master Riot's corporate voice, including drafting communications on behalf of Riot Brazil’s leadership team
- Anticipate potential negative coverage and serve as an adept crisis communications manager
- Author bylines, op eds, and other direct-to-player communications on behalf of the Riot corporate brand
- Develop relationships with communications leads across Riot to position yourself as a go-to resource for when tricky situations arise and they need a tank on their team
- Become a brand expert for Riot and our games to sniff out the right stories that need to be shared externally
- Help prepare spokespeople for media and other public facing opportunities, anticipating questions, issues, and any other potholes
- Lead contractors and/or agencies that will help you achieve success through operational and tactical support
- Lead Riot Brazil’s Public Affairs as main point of contact, making sure senior leadership has visibility on risks and opportunities, connecting with stakeholders and the Legal team for corporate decisions
- 7+ years of experience with PR or the media space
- Experience with crisis communications and responding to sensitive and rapidly-escalating situations in an assuring manner
- Well versed in writing, with deep experience communicating the unique voices of individual executives and brands
- Familiarity with exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and player-first decision-making. If you embody player empathy and ensure every aspect of the corporate narrative speaks to that, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.