Senior 3D Character Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005408
As a Character Artist at Riot, you will bring champions to life by creating and texturing high and low poly models. You will help craft some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and experience with anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
As a Senior 3D Character Artist on the Research & Development team, you will be on a game team in the early stages of development, and you'll report directly to your Art Lead. You’ll be a T-Shaped game developer whose depth of expertise is in character art but are also excited to contribute to all aspects of game production, including rough environment models and boxes.
- Create 3D character assets ranging from humanoid to creatures.
- Understand game requirements to create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation.
- Work with materials/shaders
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as poly counts, texture memory limits, and topology.
- Push 3D character art quality and stylization for the project/game
- 5+ years of professional experience working in character modeling
- Professional experience working in stylized art styles.
- Experience working with modern game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary technologies
- Proficient skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, Substance Painter
- Professional experience working in Unreal
- Experience in both PC and mobile games
- Understanding of PBR workflows
- Experience with hand-painted art styles
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality 3D character art - including highly stylized artwork.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.