Visual Design Artist II - GS.WR, In Game
Job Id: REQ-0005454
Visual Designers at Riot Games want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers work with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will develop visual design concept mockups, interface layouts, Iconography and other Visual design assets to build upon the game’s player experience. You will work other Visual Designers on the team to cover all game workflows while evolving our collaborative workflow on Figma, preparing assets for implementations, and contributing to style guides. You'll work with Producers, Artists, Engineers, and Designers across the product. You will report into the Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Design game UI solutions with an understanding of layout, color, value, hierarchy, legibility, multi-device support, and interactive systems.
- Team up with UX designers, Product, Front-end Engineers, and Motion Graphics to develop and ensure the high-quality implementation of our game experiences.
- Plan out work with the team and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to final designs, provide final assets, and report UI bugs during playtests.
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized.
- Maintain source work and manage libraries for future development.
- Provide and look for feedback as well as seek out mentorship for growth opportunities.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer working with digital art.
- Experienced with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual creation tools.
- Strength in design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, color).
- Experience with Unity, After Effects, other 3D software.
- Experience with multi-device mobile UI development.
- Experience playing League products or other MOBAs.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application. Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.