Manager, Software Engineering - IT Design and Development
Job Id: REQ-0005479
Riot's Enterprise Technology organization ensures Rioters have what they need to unlock their full potential by offering corporate solutions to increase productivity; providing expertise on cybersecurity to protect the experience of millions of players; and guide teams on complex data privacy regulations.
Riot Engineering Managers inspire and direct Rioters to solve complicated technical problems and help to improve performance and team health. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll help onboard and grow engineers of all levels in both craft and ability to work as a team.
As an Engineering Manager on Enterprise Technology working on IT Design & Development, you will report to Senior Manager of IT Applications and be an integral leader of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're seeking candidates that possess deep knowledge of industry leading solutions and the bleeding edge of enterprise tools innovation. You can work with customers and help engineers deliver on technical requirements. Together, we will mentor and grow engineers that can support enterprise integrations and products that enable other Rioters.
- Mentor and coach engineers so that they perform at and beyond their best capacity
- Work closely with different disciplines and vendors to understand software integration requirements and customer needs
- Negotiate contracts, SOW, and budgets for development, roll-out, and support of integrated tools and solutions
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges
- Stay informed of the latest trends in tech and provide craft mentorship for engineers
- Set product direction for the team according to the needs of stakeholders and customers
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor
- Experience with SQL one or more of the following dialects: MySQL, Postgresql, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure and infrastructure management libraries like Terraform or Pulumi.
- Experience with one or more of the following: microservices architecture, desktop (PC/Mac) client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Experience leading and implementing large scale enterprise systems
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).