Rules & Compliance Analyst - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0005516
Riot Esports is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, and be part of an influential team that helps govern our Riot Esports properties globally.
You will help update and centralize the Riot Games' Esports Global Compliance program and assist with its daily execution. You will also be directly involved in investigations and disciplinary proceedings relating to infringements and competition regulations, as well as manage the administrative process (i.e. drafting memos and rulings, seeking additional evidence, archiving, organizing, and managing procedural calendars). You will participate in the drafting of regulations by organizing and documenting working sessions with international teams and defining and executing projects.
- Handle investigations and disciplinary proceedings, while ensuring their proper administration
- Maintain Riot Games' esports global case database
- Synthesize case data and compile global compliance reports
- Keep track of changes in legal frameworks and providing timely updates on these changes
- Manage the compliance mailbox and procedural calendars
- Coordinate and document global regulatory working sessions
- Draft governance and procedural documents such as procedural communications, rulings, policies, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as a pre-law program
- 3+ years of proven working experience in the legal or administrative field (e.g., as a paralegal in courts, arbitration, or sports organization)
- Experience dealing with disciplinary or integrity matters within traditional sports or esports
- Experience in project management
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Paralegal certification or other legal education
- Experience working within an international environment
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean
- Knowledge of the global esports ecosystem
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.