Senior UX Designer - VALORANT, Gameplay Tech
Job Id: REQ-0005534
As a Senior UX Designer working on Gameplay Tech on VALORANT, you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. The team focuses on improving and building core gameplay features and systems within VALORANT that include things like movement, gunplay, and core gameplay UI and settings. You will work to own, design, iterate on, and set the quality bar for the overall Gameplay user experience while working closely with Game Design. You will draw on your expertise to deliver on high impact, player-facing features of various scope to improve VALORANT’s core systems.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (Find out more info on VALORANT). As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be a central contributor to defining the team’s product and feature vision for our players, and trusted to design solutions that help players understand and operate our game systems. You will work closely with various designers, and your cross-discipline teams, to produce strong UX flows that balance the constraints of game and UX design. You will report to the UX Manager for your team’s area.
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
- Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to create designs in-game.
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to design various features and gameplay systems for players.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation and alignment frameworks, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma for design library management and prototyping, experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience with Unreal Engine
We will review your work as part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.