Community Manager III
Job Id: REQ-0005618
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Sao Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Sao Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will improve communication and presence between Riot and the Brazilian Riot Games communities. We want to foster local communities with genuine experiences that are resonant to them and you will spearhead initiatives that nurture the community's self-organization, connection and evolvement. Aside from supporting the development of local communities, you will support Rioters on their quest to build relationships among community leaders, influencers, event organizers, passionate players and other Rioters.
- Engage with players where they are (platforms, channels, boards, events) - advocating for them internally at Riot and helping us drive player-focused changes to share with game, esports, entertainment and publishing teams
- Be the face of Riot to empower our players to connect and contribute with each other - be there for their joys, triumphs, challenges, emergencies and everything in between
- Create measurable community campaigns to grow channels (Discord servers, Facebook Groups, etc), increase positive engagement, and improve channel health
- Lead community projects from beginning to end (goals, tactics, postmortem, etc.), and support/monitor community activity including contests, local tournaments, events, cosplay meet-ups, etc (this includes approval of community tournaments according to the need).
- Lead community programs that foster our relationship with players, while also having the knowledge to create new programs from scratch for different audiences when appropriate.
- Proactively create and embrace opportunities to engage, grow and generate interest in our community with events and activations (owned or earned, with partnerships, etc) that connect our players in innovative ways.
- Partner with global publishing teams to oversee and promote messaging and communication plans to help us engage and inspire our players
- Develop tools, programs, and training that help Rioters engage with Riot Games communities, advising the teams on players sentiment, needs, behaviors, and trends
- 8+ years of experience in a social media, community management, or marketing role in gaming, mobile gaming, interactive entertainment or related fields.
- Experience in channel management. Our primary method of communication with players is through owned Community Platforms (Discord, Groups, Social Channels). It’s key to understand the distinctions (efficiencies, reach, etc) between these platforms and how to support each of them
- Experience implementing successful community campaigns with gaming audiences
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games may consider relocation costs support for candidates chosen from outside of our office city.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.