Marketing Creative Director - VALORANT, China Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0006991
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Creative Leadership at Riot transforms publishing’s strategic objectives into creative campaigns. Creative Leaders shepherd the skills of creative partners (both internal and external) to generate engaging contents beyond player expectation, that players will love and share. They work closely with Brand Managers, Artists, Creative Services and Video Producers, Copywriters, to support and inspire the team through creative problem solving and leveling up the ideas of others.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As the Marketing Creative Director on the Riot China Valorant Publishing Team, you will partner with our game publishing leads, brand manager, local publishing partners to create content that introduces players to our game, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own not just the final content, but the process that leads to that content and the team that makes it happen. You will collaborate with both internal and external creative teams and production partners to provide world-class creative experiences. You will lead creative campaigns that meet strategic goals of publishing in Valorant.
- Work with publishing leads and brand managers, translate marketing and marketing briefs into creative concepts that deliver on business goals and player experiences.
- Work closely with local publisher, to guide, support, review and provide constructive feedback on key local marketing creative and assets
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of internal and external creative partners (writers, producers, editors, directors, illustration artists, 3D/2D animation, visual designers) to deliver creative.
- Use the knowledge of in-house and external experts to develop high quantity and quality global digital advertising/user acquisition assets across platforms and social media channels, and the development of CGI, digital and live action narrative content.
- Develop and present creative concepts to product leads and other stakeholders.
- Push the consistency and thematic resonance of a brand through campaign executions that range from ad-like objects to key art for live events to social media executions.
- Work with producers to meet campaign deadlines, provide creative feedback and direction to vendors and teams.
- 8+ years’ experience at a digital advertising agency or client-side with a focus on executing creative strategies that meet publishing goals
- Experience concepting across a variety of mediums and then helping find the right creative partner to bring that vision to life
- Experience developing 360 campaigns from strategic creation to final delivery while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, has cross cultural/team/discipline collaborative working experience
- Experience working with briefs and stakeholders to create fresh ideas that are catered to the gaming or esports communities
- Understand what gaming competitors are doing to promote acquisition, fandom, and engagement
- Experience with graphic design and basic video editing