Creative Project Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Creative Coordinator/Project Manager will be working within a team environment under direction of Creative/Art Leadership and the primarily goal of this role is to effectively communicating progress across multiple disciplines throughout the project and drive it from ideation stage to final stage in order to deliver high quality assets on schedule. The candidate should be a hardworking, meticulous individual with a successful track record managing the entire project life cycle from kickoff to launch. An individual with team oriented attitude whom demonstrate superior ability to engage cross-functional teams, whom is also a creative problem solver with great critical thinking skills and is able to work on several projects in parallel. Who is also able to redesign and improve workflow/pipeline in order to achieve the most optimal way of working when spot flaw in the process.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A strong project management minded individual: Bachelor’s degree in the field of advertising, marketing, or another business-related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agency experience, especially in lead and project management level, preferred
- An experienced project management expert: 5+ years of work and project management experience. Managed varying degrees of complex experience in a post-production, agency or production environment, including but not limited working with creatives such as writers, directors and/or graphic designers
- A strong communicator: Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills and has the ability to interface diplomatically with all levels of employees and management
- A somewhat inhuman organizer: Must have strong organizational, project management, and planning skills with the ability to work under urgent, tight deadlines with frequent interruptions and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A person knows what RIOT good is: Good aesthetic taste
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Working Knowledge on creative software skills is a plus
- Work together with Creative/Art Leadership to oversee multiple project status. Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to final deployment, this includes project planning such as managing budgets, estimates, production, invoicing and deliverables, vendors, agencies and partners; working with cross discipline such as Esports, publishing, brand, marketing and design
- Manage overall asset and database flow and maintenance: this includes organization of all digital assets and content on asset management software such as Google Drive; Basecamp; Ftrack; Alienbrain; Perforce, Server including creative image archive.
- Act as a point-of-contact to manage, receive and distribute creative content for internal and external stakeholders to manage projects efficiently through the creative asset workflow. Communicate regularly with stakeholders about the current status of all project in progress, proactively advising on and problem solving for any identified trouble spots, schedule changes, or delays that may impact expected business results
- Initiate detailed project plan and scheduling; managing bi-weekly creative reviews including issuing agendas, room preparation, meeting minutes and action follow-up
- Initiate scheduling and managing weekly creative status meetings including updating calendars, updating stakeholders on status to ensure deadlines and priorities are fulfilled
- Seamlessly work cross-functionally with all departments to effectively manage creative requests and facilitate impactful work that achieves company goals
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.