Publishing Manager (China) – Brand Management
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Publishing Manager with an emphasis on brand management, you will be working closely with a team of fellow gamers and creative professionals, you will develop and manage publishing campaigns and see them through the execution of key brand-building programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the players in China. You'll work closely with commerce, communications, production, creatives, marketing and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for Riot’s games. You'll collaborate with key stakeholders from across the company on the best way to promote and publish the game to the needs of the China players.
- A Brand Savant: You have a keen eye for brand building and have managed multiple top tier brands across wide audiences; you are knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of publishing campaigns and events as they relate to long term brand identity and consumer engagement.
- An Experienced Specialist: You bring at least 5+ years of brand management experience, particularly in brand building, alignment, growth, and consumer engagement; you are able to analyze a campaign from beginning to end assess its brand impact and evolution.
- A T-Shaped Contributor: You are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of publishing sub-disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into brand management and development.
- A Bilingual Communicator: You speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- A Player-Focused Champion: You understand diehard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- A Multi-Dimensional Thinker: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- An Adaptable Individual: You are able to adapt across a number of different functional roles, while seeking to finely balance different needs, priorities, and challenges.
- An Entrepreneur at Heart: You either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- An Idea Accelerator: Your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
- Lead branding and marketing programs that engage players in China and champion both Riot’s corporate brand and individual game brands.
- Organize, structure, and direct publishing and marketing efforts to increase the value and performance of Riot’s branding across a variety of audience tactics.
- Analyze and monitor how Riot’s game and brand is perceived and evolves in the China gaming ecosystem, through the lifecycle of our publishing campaigns.
- Develop and execute key in-game and out-of-game publishing projects and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China.
- Work across a multi-functional team to establish and refine KPIs to help Riot hand-craft marketing solutions that delight Chinese players.
- Coordinate complex schedules across a variety of time zones, arrange all meetings, and manage publishing calendar to support internal & partner usage
- Support and facilitate our publishing partner in China to make sure that Riot’s publishing strategies are well implemented in a play focused and authentic way
- Maintain and evolve the core brand of our games, formulating a long-lasting connection with our players through brand building and expansion
- Be a key source of information about all player facing contents in the China market, and act as a nexus of publishing knowledge and communication
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.