Publishing Manager (China) - eCommerce
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Publishing Manager with an emphasis on eCommerce, you will be thought leader in identifying and driving eCommerce high-level strategy for Riot Games in China. You will working with a team of highly talented experts, local game industry veterans and fellow gamers to ensure our strategy strike the right balance between delivering the best gaming experience for our players and achieving business targets. You'll also work closely with brand, communications, production, creatives, marketing and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for Riot’s games.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- An eCommerce Guru: You understand the fundamental nuances of balancing monetization with player experience and satisfaction; you are able to plan out ecommerce strategies, set performance target, analyze campaign results, and connect the dots of purchasing habits; you see the big picture in a game’s ecommerce strategy and can finely articulate your insights.
- An Experienced Specialist in China market: You bring at least 5+ years of game eCommerce experience in China. You understand deeply Chinese players’ expectation and general sentiments toward different eCommerce strategies and tactics across game genres and platforms. You have rich knowledge of best practices and pitfalls of monetizing games in China, and at the same time can think out of the box and come up with innovation strategy and solutions.
- An effective Bilingual influencer: You speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- A T-Shaped Contributor: You are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of disciplines and functions (including game publishing, e-sport operation and business development and new business models), but also able to dive deeply into eCommerce and monetization strategies
- A Player-Focused Champion: You understand diehard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- A Multi-Dimensional Thinker: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- An Adaptable Individual: You are able to adapt across a number of different functional roles, while seeking to finely balance different needs, priorities, and challenges.
- An Entrepreneur at Heart: You either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- An Idea Accelerator: Your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
- Be a thought leader in driving e-commerce strategy and high-level monetization roadmap planning for our games in China. Lead the process of analysis, design, innovation and internal alignment of Riot Game’s eCommerce strategic plan in China.
- Help monitor, optimize and improve daily eCommerce operations as well as major campaign launches to ensure alignment with strategy, identify tension points and facilitate problem solving
- Coordinate complex schedules across a variety of time zones, arrange all meetings, and manage publishing calendar to support internal & partner usage
- Support and facilitate our publishing partner in China to make sure that Riot’s publishing strategies are well implemented in a play focused and authentic way
- Maintain and evolve the core brand of our games, formulating a long-lasting connection with our players through brand building and expansion
- Be a key source of information about all player facing contents in the China market, and act as a nexus of publishing knowledge and communication
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.