Social Media Strategist
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends European Championship.
As Social Media Strategist in the Berlin team, you'll work closely with the Publishing Team, On-Air Talent, Broadcast and external agencies to lead the social media strategy and efforts that drive players passion for the League of Legends European Championship (LEC). We're looking for someone who is an innovator, creative, and passionate builder of communities.
- A social media pro: you have deep knowledge and a strong track record of managing and growing social accounts, creating and executing social media campaigns that deliver value to players in unique and memorable ways; you know what good looks like, and know how to make an impact with the community
- Strategic and insight informed: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats, and know how to turn an insight into a big idea
- A communicator: you enjoy collaborating, whether in the hallway or via email, in game chat, or messenger pigeon; most importantly, you are able to communicate clearly and inspire a team to action
- A gamer and esports fanatic: you're a lifelong online gamer with a particular affinity for League of Legends; you use your gaming experience to analyze industry marketing campaigns, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses and spotting opportunities for improvement; if you're not playing games, you're watching your favorite teams battle it out online
- A self-starter: whether you're working on a new program or mastering a new champion, it's always been your prerogative to learn, improve, and repeat; that work ethic keeps you going even when the way forward isn't clear
- A creative thinker: you look for opportunities to disrupt the status quo; a trendspotter and tastemaker, you know how to pull inspiration from beyond our category, and translate it into big ideas with the power to resonate beyond our core audience
- Develop the social media strategy for the League of Legends European Championship (LEC); shape our voice on social media channels and cement our place as the #1 esports league in the social space
- Drive content creation, activations, channel management, and storytelling framework on social media
- Collaborate closely with publishing, broadcast, player management, our central and regional offices, all to develop player insights that drive development in our online presence
- Work with creative agencies and vendors to develop social activations, content, and campaigns that support key initiatives
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement programs that drive long term fandom
- Partner with analytics to identify our social media KPIs and measure the impact of social media campaigns
- Maintain relationships with key social media partners and identify trends in the space