Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the Finance team, you'll work with other team members to support the China business and make Finance as a partner of each business function. Your attention to detail and determination to make the business work smart and cost-effectively will create an environment where Rioters thrive in doing business.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Educated and experienced: you excelled in a BA or BS program in Accounting, Finance, Economics or took a hands-on approach and earned equivalent XP on the job; you thrived during your 8+ years in finance for a multinational organization
- Advanced and Skillful: you are strong at excel and financial modeling. You understand accounting concept and can quickly picked out your crystal from mountain
- A multitasker: your confidence and attention to detail make juggling multiple projects look easy; you nimbly turn tasks on tight deadlines and effortlessly prioritize; your ability to take on new responsibilities makes those juggling skills a hot commodity
- A clear communicator: you convey your thoughts with ease and clarity, whether you're writing an email, giving a presentation, or chatting about the amazing hole-in-the-wall restaurant you discovered last night
- A critical thinker and problem solver: You have strong analytical skills, are a rational, analytical lateral thinker with commercial acumen. You can quickly solve problems by identifying and addressing the key financial issue, investigating the facts and researching the proper solution
- A self-motivator: you have ownership to your work, and strong motivation to drive business move ahead
- A team member: you are happy to work with others inside and outside the finance team; you are able to maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence to meet challenges head-on.
- Provide standardized and ad-hoc reporting and analysis of P&L, as well as project based trends on different slices of data.
- Analyze financial data and provide insights to trends, risks and opportunities to inform external guidance ranges. Standardize, streamline, prioritize improvements, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
- Dive deep to financial, business, and partner with teams across the company to understand growth trends and company level impact while also keeping an eye to future potential impacts.
- Build and improve financial models for different business discipline to independently inform the reasonableness of bottoms-up forecasts.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.