Researcher II - VALORANT
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career that blends your scientific acumen and your deep passion for games? As a Researcher at Riot Games, you will study, represent, and speak for the players around the globe. You’ll join the Insights discipline and embed on a product team to work with a multitude of Rioters from across the company. Your scientific skillset coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting our products in a player-focused way.
The VALORANT team is focusing on crafting deep, meaningful, and resonant cosmetic content and progression systems. As a Researcher of this team, you will identify and execute on research opportunities to support the entire product lifecycle -- from initial feature ideation through post-implementation evaluation. This role emphasizes a user researcher skillset -- including surveys, player labs, and market research – to fundamentally influence what content we craft for players and how we deliver it. You'll leverage your researcher toolkit and collaborate closely with designers and product owners to build industry leading premium content experiences.
- Partner with product teams to generate frameworks and insights that craft how cosmetic content and progression experiences are built and evolved
- Design and execute on surveys and player labs to generate authentic, applicable feedback
- Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- Mentor other Insights teammates, helping to level them up in your areas of expertise
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Proficient in survey craft and player lab design and moderation
- Experience in product design or business strategy for consumer-facing products
- Advanced capability in analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)