Senior Product Manager - Wild Rift, Esports
Job Id: REQ-0002927
As a Product Manager at Riot, you'll lead passionate cross-functional teams in creating esports features and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players' and partners' hands. You'll lead teams and combine experience and product leadership capabilities to concept, improve, and deliver key esports products and supporting systems to players.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will report to the Initiative General Manager and lead the in-game and experiential features for esports on Wild Rift. You will help develop and maintain the holistic vision and strategic direction for the League of Legends: Wild Rift esports experience on a global scale. You will partner closely with Riot esports teams, key stakeholders, and Tencent team members to align and ensure that we're making excellent decisions for players and esport partners.
This role may require occasional travel to China when permitted and safe.
- Lead the functional esport team to establish and execute on a roadmap of esport experiences
- Prioritize and scope features to meet commitments
- Work collaboratively with Riot esports global team and partners to identify opportunities and solve challenges together
- Work with Riot Publishing and Business Development teams to deliver the highest player value and meet event deadlines, taking into account Riot wide goals and compromises from multiple teams
- Responsible for crafting and managing a stakeholder management framework
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to understand the technology and scope the needs of esports development
- Establish and run rituals across Riot and Tencent to ensure clear quality bars are set and goals are met
- Manage and inform stakeholders in both Riot and Tencent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience developing team vision and roadmaps
- Knowledge of the competitive gaming segments
- Excellent team leadership, and communication
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Broad understanding of operational and development challenges
- Worked with and/or led agile teams
- Experience with esports and deadline based development.
- Experience building and maintaining first party relationships
- Experience with making mobile games as a service
- Knowledge of the MOBA genre
- Experience working with geographically remote teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).