Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, RDX:FF
Job Id: REQ-0003449
As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work with all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the RDX Frameworks and Foundations team, you'll build products and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to rapidly build foundations for new services and player experience. You'll partner closely with service and game teams to build service foundations used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, and more. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Frameworks and Foundations team.
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Design and implement new software components
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Participate in interviewing and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Drive improvements around the team's testing and automation tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Understand distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Experience with Game Service Engineering
- Experience operating & maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).