Staff Software Engineer - League of Legends, Data
Job Id: REQ-0003567
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer III on the League Data Central team you will build player facing game features powered by machine learning models, and the backend services that collect and process data at global scale. You'll influence the technical direction for how data services are built, scale and are operated, and will report directly to the League Data Central Engineering Manager.
- Develop in-game features that are backed by analytics or machine learning services
- Design large-scale backend services to support analytics and data science capabilities
- Work with other engineers, producers, game designers, data science and UX experts
- Handle a range of engineering problems related to data capabilities in the game engine, game server, and backend services
- Apply software engineering best practices in your work, ensuring that you're building reliable, maintainable systems and contribute to the engineering community within Riot
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience building software across multiple languages (e.g., C++, Golang, or Python)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Professional experience building large-scale backend systems (e.g. game services, data)
- Experience with related data processing (e.g., Spark, BigQuery, DataProc), storage (e.g., S3, Google Cloud Storage), transport (e.g., Kafka, PubSub), and orchestration (e.g., Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to more junior members of the team
- Experience working with data scientists and analysts.
- Professional interest in machine learning applications, techniques, and infrastructure.
- Professional or other experience working with game engines.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $178,500 USD - $249,900 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).