Manager, Localization Operations (Shanghai, China)
Job Id: REQ-0003561
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, League Of Legends to Valorant; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is incredibly insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. Our team is globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of the game as we help development teams deliver content to players everywhere. We strive to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
As a Manager, Localization Operations (China) you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You are accountable for all Localization outcomes for Riot content in China (Simplified Chinese). You identify gaps and needs within the Operations space and develop the China Localization team to increase efficiency and improve processes aligned with Global Localization standards and practices. You oversee the daily operational needs of the team and provide status updates and information as needed across all customer groups.
Reporting to the Director of Global Localization, you will take care of communications with stakeholders to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for Simplified Chinese, establish strong process with Tencent and internal teams in China to ensure consistent, reliable and high-quality localization for this critical market.
- Execute on the Localization Operations strategy for China and work with global leadership to support the efforts of the discipline worldwide.
- Set team expectations, monitor performance, and set clear goals.
- Build relationships with various China team stakeholders and Tencent to align on best practices and standards.
- Establish expectations and SLAs with China teams and Tencent when it comes to process and content decisions rights.
- Ensure the team meets all their KPIs (On-time delivery, Player satisfaction, Customer satisfaction etc.)
- Build working relationships with teams across Riot as well as 3rd party vendor operations to build and maintain a healthy Localization operations space.
- Help drive operational and process standardization in close collaboration with Singapore Operations hub.
- Manage individual performance, mentor, provide craft and career development to team members.
- Identify staffing and process gaps, proactively present business cases to fill them.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role, managing teams of ICs.
- Experienced with the China market, vendor landscapes and government regulations.
- Native Simplified Chinese proficiency.
- English professional proficiency.
- Proficiency with managing translation memory software for translators and project managers.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization, Localization QA processes and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (different CMS tools, Xloc, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Logical and structured communicator.
- Excellent data analytics skills. Ability to connect multiple data points to strategy and outcomes.
- Experience supporting distributed and multi-cultural teams.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders, team members, senior leadership etc.
- Experienced in managing relationships from a distance, and dealing with vendors at scale.
- Experienced in managing relationships with external teams and ability to structure external Localization process.
- Customer empathy and a deep understanding of the value of services delivered.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.