Manager, Accounting - Revenue
Job Id: REQ-0004406
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As Manager - Revenue Accounting, you will help maintain and implement financial and operational processes through your oversight of certain areas of game revenue. In addition to supervising daily accounting activities, your role will involve thoughtfully developing technical accounting and operational processes for new revenue streams. You'll also have an important role in driving innovation in the operational processes for game revenue accounting. You'll need to be hands on, understand accounting operations and processes and have an ability to collaborate with other teams including Finance, Game teams, Payments, Legal, Data, and accounting teams in our global offices.
This is a new position reporting to the Accounting Senior Manager and play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving processes and controls, and scaling accounting infrastructure and operations.
- Develop new processes to handle new or growing game-related revenue streams and associated cycles
- Drive process improvements and implement new approaches to internal revenue data and systems
- Perform technical accounting research for ASC 606 and related topics to assess accounting impact of complex or new revenue transactions
- Project manage certain daily tasks, period end close, and audit related activities
- Mentor and train team members
- Collaborate with other teams at Riot
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Big 4 experience and a CPA designation.
- 8+ years of progressive experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience with revenue recognition in a technology/entertainment company and US GAAP
- Independent with the ability to positively navigate through change
- Leader in training motivated individuals with a clear commitment to the development and engagement of the team
- Ability to foster relationships, listen and demonstrate collaborative approaches
- Ability to manage projects and tasks while maintaining the highest of standards of quality
- Operational experience including high-volume B2B transactions
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems (Oracle)
- Mobile, console, and other game platform experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.