Senior Brand Manager - League of Legends, China Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0004477
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the gaming experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Brand Manager, League of Legends, you will lead projects that harness Riot's creative energies to engage players in China with a deep understanding and appreciation of the Riot Games brand. You'll be working closely with a team of fellow gamers and creative professionals, you will develop a variety of publishing efforts and see them through the execution of key marketing campaigns that bring value, excitement and trust to the players of China. You’ll work closely with brand, ecommerce, communications, production, creatives and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to bring engaging experiences to more players in China. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders from across the company on the best way to promote and publish the game to the needs of Chinese players.
- Create campaign strategies in partnership with LA marketing team that hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways for players
- Develop and execute key in-game and out-of-game publishing projects and follow through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China
- Ensure that locally developed marketing assets are of the highest standard and representative of a player-focused approach
- Establish and use KPIs to measure and consistently help to improve marketing performance
- Track content performance and player sentiment as a day habit, compile analytics to better inform how well different contents reach, inform and engage players thus further improving the content strategy
- Work across multi-functional teams to facilitate creative development, content support, ecommerce tactics, localization and gameplay analytics
- Coordinate complex schedules across a variety of time zones, arrange meeting, and manage publishing calendar to support internal and partner usage
- Maintain and evolve the core brand of our games, formulating a long-standing connection with our players through brand building and expansion
- Be a key source of information about all player-facing contents in the China market, and act as a nexus of publishing knowledge and communication.
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in campaign planning, development and successful execution
- Experience both driving results and improving brand resonance.
- Intimate knowledge of the fast-moving global games marketing landscape, current competition, innovations and trends and how they impact our business
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture
- Experience building communication frameworks between teams - with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Hardcore gamer. Rich experiences gaming, including League of Legends and other popular games in China
- Experience working on cross platform products
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences
- Experience working on products at all stages of development
- Experience facilitating and working with creative professionals
- Organizational management skills