Manager, Game Design - Wild Rift, Metagame Systems
Job Id: REQ-0004578
Game Designers at Riot work to create the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to create new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Design Manager working on Metagame Systems on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report to the Design Director. You will be an integral member to delivering an amazing League of Legends experience for millions of players around the world on Mobile and Console. You will design and improve systems around the core game, including competitive, player behavior, progression, events, and player focused monetization systems. Your experience, analytical skills, player insight, and creativity will create out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams across the globe, including the League of Legends PC team, to design and iterate on amazing, player-focused designs.
- Design systems that delight and satisfy players’ Social, Competitive, Expressive, and other needs.
- Manage and mentor other game designers
- Work collaboratively with the Design and UX Leads to create a great holistic experience across all platforms and regions
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces and opportunities in collaboration with Product Managers and External Advisors.
- Create clear and concise design documentation that can be understood, evaluated, and implemented by non-designers.
- 4+ years of experience in professional game design experience, with at least 2 years in Progression, Behavior, Monetization, Economy, Onboarding, or Competitive systems.
- 1+ years of management and coaching experience
- Can create, maintain, and extend complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects, both as an individual, and through collaboratively working in a large design team.
- Deep Experience and Understanding of the Social, Competitive, Engagement, Monetization and Progression systems.
- Deep Knowledge of the Mobile Gaming and/or Console landscape and audiences
- History of feature ownership in high speed development with successes in managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players.
- Experience working on MOBAs, Console, or Mobile games
- User Experience or Player Onboarding Experience
- Familiarity with League of Legends and MOBA Design
- Nice to have: Bilingual (Mandarin Chinese) fluency - written and spoken
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).