Senior Game Producer, China - R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0004678
Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and helps deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. You should be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will lead the team in establishing clear goals and constraints, and ensure we have the plans, processes, and tools needed to achieve ambitious objectives.
As a Senior Mobile Games Producer within Riot’s China Development and Incubation Center supporting R&D titles, you will report to the Sr. Manager, Product Management, leverage your knowledge and experience in the China mobile gaming market and work with internal and external developers to lead production efforts in delivering a quality mobile crossplay experience for our games to markets across the globe, especially China. You will build relationships with developers across teams at Riot, as well as our partner in China. You will ensure that the team is set up for success for Mobile from pre-production to launch and beyond as a key member of the development team.
- Champion for mobile experience and quality across the game teams
- Strategic work alignment & prioritization
- Act as liaison between the team, internal customers, and stakeholders
- Align game team on mobile play experiences, and be able to articulate how outputs ladder up to strategy and product vision as prioritized by project leadership
- Able to communicate and get stakeholder buy-in on the “why” behind the team’s work
- Coordinates closely with other mobile producers across the company to share, document, and consolidate lessons learned and collective expertise on mobile
- Focus on the design areas for local market success
- Player resonance
- Provide critical product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Be the advocate for team’s game and business decisions
- Champion a player-focused mindset and be the voice of the player
- Actively review and engage with players via popular channels (forums, events, etc). Deeply understand the pulse of our players.
- Work closely with our partner in China to make sure we are delivering the best player experience we possibly can, for the Chinese audience
- As a Senior Games Producer within Riot's China Development and Incubation Center supporting R&D titles, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in the China mobile gaming market and work with internal and external developers to lead production efforts in delivering a quality mobile crossplay experience for our games to markets across the globe, especially China
- Cross-team collaborations
- Tracks and communicates progress to stakeholders and the rest of the team
- Responsible for stakeholder management and communication
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders consulted and informed on progress and bought into discussions as needed for project success
- Advocate timely communications
- Ensures strong team health, culture, and efficiency
- Teamwork systems are efficient and adopted by everyone on the team
- Monitors team morale, ensures the team has a safe and supportive environment where they can succeed, including partner teams in China
- Celebrates successes, makes sure team-building happens regularly
- Resolves team problems quickly
- Knowledge sharing from China local market
- Actively keeping eyes out for the local market, identify potential competitors, execute independently on analysis
- Deeper understanding and dive into successful games on the market, sharing knowledge across the teams and organizations
- Strategic work alignment & prioritization
- 4+ years of experience as a Mobile Game Producer with experience leading and coordinating live game development and operations
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across different languages and cultures
- Knowledgeable of current trends in the Chinese gaming industry
- Experienced in partner management and relationship-building skills
- Willingness to travel to China several times a year as business requires
- Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Identify and mitigate risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams. Be able to use production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and generate reporting.
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- +6 years of experience as a Mobile Game Producer or Product Manager with experience coordinating live game/app development and operations
- Strong design background
- Mastery of production tools like JIRA to track development and create reporting
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.