Senior Software Engineer, Tools - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0004700
Software Engineers at Riot bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) team, you will build and automate asset processing workflows to meet the content creation demands of the League of Legends game engine, standardize content metadata across systems, and create scalable content pipelines for existing and upcoming content types. Content is core to the League experience. The PIE Content Tech Operations team builds and evolves the content creation pipeline and tools that allow content creators -- including Character Artists, Riggers, Animators, VFX Artists, Illustrators, and Audio Designers -- to create content efficiently and sustainably.
- Develop and improve game asset build pipelines to improve developer and artist efficiency, and optimize content iteration cycles.
- Design and implement content pipelines for new content types
- Scale content creation pipelines across multiple studios and outsourced content creation vendors.
- Gather requirements, design architecture, implement code features, and perform code reviews
- Collaborate with production, art, and engineering discipline leads to develop the long-term vision and strategies for building and automating content creation pipelines.
- Support artists, internal and out-sourced, in their art workflows; identifying patterns and inefficiencies in those processes, and implementing data-informed solutions.
- Provide mentorship to technical artists and engineers.
- 3+ years of experience as a tools engineer specializing in content pipeline development and automation
- Expertise in C++ or Python
- Experience with technical design, programming, and CS fundamentals
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in artist tools, workflows, and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems
- Experience with build/automation frameworks such as Jenkins
- Experience developing tools for digital content creation packages such as Maya, PhotoShop, Substance, Wwise
- Experience with Lua scripting